Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The 6th one...is it the charm?


The interview…

So, tomorrow comes another one, another interview.  This one will be number 6; my sixth, and possibly last, interview.  So what am I going to do differently this time?  Flower-up my introduction?  Sell my life experiences a little more?  Talk about my love for technology and how I plan to integrate it into the classroom?

I feel like I’ve done well on my previous interviews, but obviously I am lacking in some areas.  Perhaps I scare the interviewers a little; maybe I come off a little too strong.  I love to instill my passion into the interview, but maybe that comes off as too aggressive.   I also try to discuss my love for the 21st Century Classroom.   Perhaps this hurts me a little simply because our district is a little behind the curve when it comes to integrating technology. 

Is it my age?  Does the fact that I am a 46 year old, first time teacher, scare away perspective employers?  Or perhaps I intimidate people a little because of my 22 years of military service?  I hope not, because I have no way of overcoming those shortcomings. 

Enough dwelling on the past; now it is time to focus on tomorrow.  I pledge to do nothing different!  If the interviewers are not sold on my passion and my vision I present in my interview, I will not change simply to get a slot.  I wear my passion on my sleeve, and if that is intimidating to some, so be it!  I am resolved to getting a position on my terms.  I worked hard to get to this point and I do not want to earn a teaching spot under false pretenses.     I love education and will eventually get a full time position, somewhere.   So look out Croton Elementary School HERE I COME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment