Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not claming up...PART 1


Well it does not look like I will be getting a permanent teaching position this year, but that’s OK, it is simply a stumbling block along the path.  On the bright side I have lots of time to develop things like lesson plans.

Feeding off my daughter’s love of marine biology, I began my focus in the marine area.  I found a wonderful website (Coast Website) that has preformatted lesson plans for many different areas of science.  On the Coast Website, I found a lesson plan that involves observing clams.  The lesson has students observing live clams in different sediments such as mud, rock, sand, and silt. 

While the lesson plan is very in-depth and well written I would like to enhance it a little.  More to come...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment